Feb 9, 2009

Twittering Hoekstra reveals Baghdad location

Politico Now he's twitter-ing about how he's in deep sh*
Rep. Peter Hoekstra revealed, apparently in real time, the location of his helicopter when entering Baghdad's Green Zone on a CODEL last Thursday.


Just landed in Baghdad. I believe it may be first time I've had bb service in Iraq. 11th trip here. 9:41 PM Feb 5th from TwitterBerry
Moved into green zone by helicopter Iraqi flag now over palace.Headed to new US embassy Appears calmer less chaotic than previous here. 11:56 PM Feb 5th from TwitterBerry.

I love how Congressmen like to keep track of the number of times they have interrupted Embassy and military operations to take fancy sightseeing tours and to cancel meetings with important Iraqi officials on zero notice to make time for shopping at Camp Blackhawk. Oh, no, wait, he has an explaination for the entire incident.

Hoekstra's staff responds: "As the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, Congressman Hoekstra is fully aware of security issues when travelling abroad. He believes in giving people in West Michigan as much access as possible, and posting on Twitter allows him to provide real-time insight into the sights and sounds of his congressional activities."


Oh good, for a second there I thought he was just another moronic and irresponsible member of Congress.