Text Message from Stephanie Devine, 03APR07 1804EDT:
Im in the running 4 valevictorian!
Text Message from TJ Devine, 03APR07 1807EDT:
Awesome! But this does mean you'll have to learn how to spell it correctly :)
It's been a weird few days.
- My lil' sister (of whom I am supremely proud) is in the running for valedictorian at Loyola Marymount University (aka "Party on the Landing Strip"); very impressive for a girl who partied even more than I did (for the record, I barely, barely graduated cum laude, and I cared more often than she did).
- Brooke has been given responsibility over Afghanistan at her company (last Monday). Which means that her section/empire/co-prosperity sphere runs from the eastern Iranian border to the western Burmese border (I'm calling it Brookistan). It also means that she will be flying out to Kabul for a few weeks, as of two weeks from yesterday, and then on to Khatmandu and Karachi for the KKK tour (she doesn't find that funny at all).
- My supervisor was just withdrawn from Iraq today. Which proves that it takes more than just being the smartest guy in the room to get things done. This is actually disappointing for me, as I've finally hit my stride in my job on the Economic Growth Team for USAID/Iraq and, as the only one in Washington, I have been contributing to policy-making decisions, representing my agency in meetings with the NSC, etc. Very cool, and very transitory.
- My mother told me that she will be in town for a conference in mid May, that all the hotels in the city exceed her allowance, and asked to "crash at my pad". Don't think this will accompany the same level of partying that my crashing at Mike's pad did.
- We've decided to break up the HOUSE as Aaron is going to UVA to get his PhD in Political Science or something. We're once again fishing around for a place. Which is difficult