Jan 4, 2004

San Francisco's richest hobo
S.F. Gate | Why Communism Failed
Lou Dinarde is homeless, he often sleeps in the gutter or on the sidewalk, and he has plenty of cash - a trust fund that at one point was worth nearly $700,000. He draws $2,500 a month from the fund plus $500 a month in Social Security... Trouble is, he can't resist the bottle. He abandoned his career as a carpenter three decades ago for life on the streets. 'I'm rich, but I like it out here. I ain't sleeping inside,' Dinarde mumbled through sips of vodka last summer, as he sat with legs splayed in front of St. Francis of Assisi Church. 'You can't make me.'

OK, here's one for Brooke, just to make her feel better about all the Texas jokes. California sucks, too. There. I said it. Now are you happy? Just leave us alone so we can burn/flood/earthquake/mud-slide/elect "Ahnold" in peace.

EDIT - Thanks, TJ! You saved yourself from horrible, scathing... thoughts. Because, well, by the time I see you again, I definitely will have forgotten what ticked me off in the first place. :) Blessed are those with selective memory. Cheers, all. --BAM